An NIH spokesperson told Science magazine in September, the $22 million in NIH funding backed 22 gun violence research projects from 2014 to 2017. It expired in January. Wochit
St. Cloud police executed a search warrant Wednesday, continuing an investigation into the November incidents
Three shootings and a robbery in the last two weeks may all be related, according to St. Cloud Police. Police believe some of the same people are involved in each of the cases.
The investigation is ongoing, but police were able to obtain a warrant and search a home in southeast St. Cloud Wednesday afternoon, resulting in the latest arrest. So far, four people have been arrested and one person has been charged in connection with the incidents.
The incidents happened from Nov. 19 through Sunday. Here are the details:
- A robbery on Nov. 19. (Not included on the map.)
- A shooting on Nov. 23, at the 1700 Block of 16th Street Southeast, where the victim was shot in the foot.
- A shooting on Saturday, at the 400 block of 9th Ave North, where the victim was shot in the back.
- A shooting on Sunday, at the 1100 block of 14th Avenue Southeast, where shots were fired into a vehicle.
RELATED STORIES: Police seek suspect wanted for shooting man in foot on Thanksgiving
The following people were arrested during the ongoing investigation into the four incidents:
- Bryant Terrell Garth, 22, of St. Cloud, arrested Wednesday, in connection with an armed robbery on Nov. 19.
- Taylor Aileen Danielson, 19, of St. Cloud, arrested Nov. 21, in connection with an armed robbery on Nov. 19.
- Rauch Kueth Chuol, 19, of St. Cloud, arrested Sunday, in connection with a shooting on Nov. 23. Chuol was charged earlier this week with four felony counts related to the incident.
- A girl, 16, of St. Cloud, arrested Wednesday, and is accused of being an accomplice in connection with an armed robbery on Nov. 19. As a juvenile, her identity was not released and no mug shot is available.
The Central Minnesota Violent Offender Task Force and the St. Cloud Police Department SWAT team executed the search warrant on Wednesday, in the 1100 block of 14th Avenue Southeast.
During the search, several people fled the home on foot. Officers and police dogs located the individuals.
Garth was identified among the group and arrested in connection with the armed robbery, police said. The other people detained during the search were released as the investigation continues.
Police said they believe all three shootings may be tied to the robbery on Nov. 19. A 26-year-old Minneapolis man called police about 11:45 p.m. to report he had been robbed at gunpoint. The man met a woman through social media and came to St. Cloud to meet her in person. During the visit, two male friends of the woman joined them in the man’s vehicle.
The woman left the vehicle and then her two friends produced handguns and took personal property from the Minneapolis man. No one was injured in the incident.
All these cases remain active and ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact St. Cloud police at 251-1200, or Tri-County Crime Stoppers at 255-1301, 1-800-255-1301 or tricountycrimestoppers.org.